Meeting Summary January 9, 2011
The board meeting was held on January 9, 2011 at the Comfort Inn in Binghamton, NY.
Topics of discussion included:
- Review of the Problem Captain / Head Judge Training held the previous day at Chenango Valley MS/HS in Binghamton, NY
- Online registration setup and policies for judge signup for the State Tournament
- Regional visits scheduled for tournaments in regions 15, 5, and 1/2
- Use of Webex online meetings for Problem Captains to share issues from early tournaments with other regional Problem Captains and Head Judges
- External review of 2009-2010 accounting records
- Preparations for the NYSOMA State Tournament to be held on March 26, 2011 at Binghamton University
- Review of coaches training performed by NYSOMA in regions 16 & 21
- NYSOMA open position requirements – Judges Coordinator, Assistant State Problem Captain, and Creativity Booth Coordinator
- Update on new weight cart manufacturing progress
- Approval of NYSOMA policy changes made to section 200, 400, 500, 600, and 700
- Approval of purchase of extra printers and supplies for the new problem site scoring process to be used at the State Tournament
The next meeting of the NYSOMA board is scheduled for Feb 4, 2011 in Binghamton.
NYSOMA Board Chairperson