Meeting Summary October 23 – 24, 2010
The board meeting was held on October 23 & 24, 2010 at the Fenton Town Hall in Port Crane, NY.
Topics of discussion included:
- Preparation for the January Problem Captain / Head Judge Training to take place on Jan 8, 2011 in Binghamton
- Appointments of State Problem Captains for the 2010-2011 program year
- Use of new scoring features to allow all score-checking to be done at each problem site and associated requirements such as printers, laptop computers, supplies, and other logistics
- Early stage state tournament preparation topics for the 2010-2011 tournament at Binghamton University, including scheduled meetings with the university
- Website changes to reduce the possibility of site unavailability during peak access times in the regional and state tournament season
- Planned NYSOMA coaches trainings for regions 16 & 21
- Lists of skills and functions required of the Assistant State Director and State Director positions
- Sales items, including pins, to be purchased for the 2010-2011 program year
- Action item follow-up of the region 14 meeting held during the summer of 2010
- Approval to purchase new weight carts for problem 4, balsaReview and update NYSOMA policies 200, 400, 500, 600, & 700
The next meeting of the NYSOMA board is scheduled for Jan 9, 2011 in Binghamton.
NYSOMA Board Chairperson